Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Lasting Memory: Celine Dion In KC

Let me just say this about my Celine Dion concert experience this past weekend: I can't believe I don't have pictures. My friend and I decided (for once) to abide by the rules and not take our cameras into the Sprint Center for fear of having them taken away.


NO ONE EVEN CHECKED!

We were so close- the 13th row; I could see every expression on her face. The worst part is that everyone else seemed to know the rules were breakable and brought their cameras in. I'll forever remember it in my head, but in a frame would be so much better! I broke the bank for this ticket; who knows if I'll be able to have that experience again in the future?

I've idolized Celine since I was a little girl. I think her voice, her personality, and passion is all something to envy. It must be so easy to get caught up in the stardom, but she never seems to do so. Her songs are great fun to sing, and there's a tune for every occasion, truly.

I do realize that I sound like a teenager with an obsession, but I'm really a 24 year old with great respect and admiration.

I did feel a bit giddy when she came out on stage, though. I won't lie. :) After all, who doesn't like to feel like a kid again?

No comments: