Monday, February 9, 2009

Change of Heart...

So you know that sales position I referred to earlier? Well, turns out that sales position has been turned into a hybrid sales/writing position. That changes everything.

If I have to compromise a little of my ultimate goal for a while to get a better feel for the magazine industry and meet the people who could put me ahead, then it's totally worth it. When you add the writing element to sales, it gives me the opportunity to better my sales skills while keeping my true dream in tact. It's perfect. And the best part is that now that I know writing is involved, I have complete confidence that I can do the sales part, even though I don't have any technical experience. It's all attainable. Perhaps I was too closed minded before. This could be the opportunity I've been looking for to open all kinds of doors. It would be a chance to experience Wichita in a way I've not previously done, as well as bring new ideas through the doors of this company. The publication is geared toward an age group that is older than I am, so that might present a slight barrier, but all barriers can be broken if you try hard enough.

I'm not a hard core salesperson, but do I really need to be hard core? I can be persuasive if I truly believe in the product. In this case, I would because it would be a hybrid of my own work coupled with material from a city of which I've devoted a large portion of my life to supporting.

Sales. Persuasion. Success. Determination. Motivation. Satisfaction.

No comments: