Friday, April 3, 2009

I Just Ate A Cracker With Tuna Salad On It.

Okay, I’ll jump on board with the whole Twitter thing. I think it’s great for networking purposes and sharing an occasional thought or link to something you found interesting. I’ll tell you what I won’t do, though, and that’s post every single little thought that passes through my head, including what I ate for lunch, how my stomach felt after that lunch, and what I’m doodling on my notepad at this very second. I also won’t tell you what shows I plan on watching tonight, nor will I tell you if my PJ’s have scratchy material.

I understand that it’s everyone’s right to post what they want, but the blogsphere is saturated with crap, and it’s getting harder everyday to find valuable, insightful, real information. So I’m asking, in genuine curiosity, what do you people DO for a living? Judging by the amount of time you spend Tweeting and posting on your personal blog, you can’t have much left over for actual work… unless you’ve found a way to get paid for Tweeting and the ad revenue you’re bringing in from your site is out of this world… but I doubt it.

Sorry for the rant, but prove me wrong! Help educate me, because I’m beginning to wonder what the cyber world has come to. Here I am trying my hardest to succeed as a legitimate freelance professional, and when I try to reach out to expand my platform and network there's all this interference from people who feel the need to Tweet (while driving) that they're about to be stopped at a red light. Seriously? Maybe I just need to start unfollowing... a lot of people.

No comments: